Today, the Scout Master and I took some of the Den 1 boys (our kids) out on the river to work on one of their Tiger elective adventures: Floats and Boats. This is a great way for Tigers to learn about different types of boats and how to stay safe on the water.
And they were PUMPED!
We headed-up Julington Creek and docked the boat at a friendly dock for our “scout time”…
We had several items we wanted to check-off today and the boys were pretty well engaged. It’s fun to be outside with the boys doing something new. As part of today’s adventure, the boys…
- Demonstrated they could correctly put on and fasten a life jacket;
- Identified five different types of boats;
- Learned the S-C-O-U-T water safety chant;
- Showed how to safely help someone who needs assistance in the water, without having to enter the water; and
- Built a boat from recycled materials to float on the water.
And with our work done, we just enjoyed the rest of the morning on the water…